Water blowing for long runs of fiber is actually quite common especially for long runs. Depending on the fiber it tends to float causing less drag. In locations like swamps and plowing shallow lakes it is done to keep the duct from floating. When complete the duct is left flooded.

I think you would run in to issues with leakage on the corrugated duct as it has a tendency to expand and the inside diameter can vary quite a bit. You will also have to probably build your own couplers as standard ones for corrugated won't hold any pressure. I have tried blowing with air through sections of it in the past and its a nightmare. I have direct buried it for small runs between buildings etc. I mainly use the plenum stuff that is UV rated and the biggest issue you will run in to is you can have no medium or large rocks directly on it or they will punch a hole or crush it when you fill the trench.

On 11/9/2021 1:07 PM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
It is rated for 160 but stuff will always do twice what it is rated for.
Normally the pressure sits about 50 PSI unless there is some kind of pinch.
*From:* Carl Peterson
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 9, 2021 11:04 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] corrugated conduit
Can this duct hold 200 psi?
On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 7:50 AM Chris Fabien <ch...@lakenetmi.com> wrote:

    Chuck, Interesting idea. Does this scale up to long distances like
    blowing does? Water seems like it would have a lot more resistance in
    a mile of 1.25" pipe but perhaps with 200psi behind it that's no
    issue?

    On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 3:46 PM Chuck McCown via AF
    <af@af.afmug.com> wrote:

    > Right, they are always full of water.
    > I made a proofing dart with a cup seal at the end.
    > 20 GPM 200 PSI moves it along at about 5 feet per second.  The
    pump was remarkably cheap to build.

    > The cable or mule tape is buoyant so that reduces friction and
    the water does too.  I have read about this for years but never
    tried it.

    anyway, so I'm sure he doesn't clean it out. I'm assuming he's
    using a dart and pushing it with water to pull cable in?

    <af@af.afmug.com>

    culvert(s) with

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*