Our locator's primary role is in locating 811 tickets that other people put in.
We have recently assigned him to do a once-over of any construction happening,
whether it's internal or a contractor.

For non-drop work that we do, we put in a design stage ticket to get maps of
the utilities ahead of time to try our best to work around them.

The other utilities are supposed to be locating their own stuff (or contracting
it out).

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions