I would fuse them so that the max charge and discharge current can be handled.
So add the current capacity of your charger to the load current and then a
safety factor.  No need to go too large.

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 4:39 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: [AFMUG] Fusing batteries

So we have some 12v 190 ah batteries and are going to be running them in series
for 24 v and pairs in parralell if we need more capacity.

Where all is fusing recomended and of what type and size?
These will be attached to 750w 1000w or 1500w ups depending on the site. Most
sites pull between 450 and 750 watts right now off the current batteries