HE has a better network and support than Cogent. If you can only start with
one of the two, I'd go with HE first.

We love their network, sales, and support. If you're picking it up in Salt
Lake, they have 5 paths out vs. Cogent's 3 paths.

You'll find HE performs better latency wise with better path.

Please take a look at both of their network maps and you'll see how HE is
more dense with more POP's, and more paths. They also peer with everyone at
as many IX's as possible where Cogent does not which can lead to congested
ports.
http://he.net/HurricaneElectricNetworkMap.pdf
https://www.cogentco.com/en/network/network-map

HE is the real winner for performance and cost.

https://bgp.he.net/report/exchanges#_participants
On IX participation, Cogent isn't even on the TOP list at all and HE is #1
for number of IX's they're on.

https://bgp.he.net/report/peers
HE also has more BGP peers than any other network in the world. #1 here
too. #2 is Cogent.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 1:26 PM TJ Trout <t...@voltbb.com> wrote:

> It's usually cheaper in my recent experience but not by a whole lot. He
> will probably pay a bit more than a single 10g to get 2x2g
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022, 11:22 AM Seth Mattinen <se...@rollernet.us> wrote:
>
>> On 1/18/22 11:13 AM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
>> > I am warming up to the idea of having two providers.  2Gig burstable on
>> > each.
>>
>> Every time I've asked about burstable in recent memoty the price is
>> higher than a fixed rate port, if offered at all.

Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi
www.mnwifi.com
507-634-WiFi