From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Carl Peterson
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 4:43 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] CWDM vs DWDM, Single Fiber vs Dual fiber

We are leasing a few new strands of dark to a couple locations.  On our other
paths we have just Done BiDi for our ring or payload and used another for our
routed/management network.  For these strands, I'm thinking of doing passive
WDM.

Any benefit to DWDM vs CWDM if you aren't expecting to scale it?  Why would you
use two strands vs one strand?  We generally use one strand for everything,
either BiDi or GPON so my brain just sort of assumes that.  What am I missing?

--

https://www.fs.com/products/43711.html?attribute=4364
<https://www.fs.com/products/43711.html?attribute=4364&id=297095> &id=297095