Yeah.  The Linksys/Sipura SPA equipment could do that.  You’d get a device with
the FXO port on one end (I think SPA3000) and then an ATA at the other end.

I don’t think that feature set survived the transition to Cisco…..I’m afraid I
don’t know the modern equivalent.

Adtran Total Access can do that too, but that’s an expensive solution for a
gift shop.

Asterisk boxes with an FXO card on one end and FXS card on the other…..a little
creativity with the dialplan and you’re off to the races.  That might be cheap
enough, but this may not be practical for everyone.  I’m pretty certain it
would work, it would just burn a lot of your time.

I’d hope somebody here knows the current good/cheap option, but I’m afraid I
don’t.