So for the last three months I've been creating my company, getting all
that stuff in order, spending a shit ton of money (for me). But the last
pieces are falling in place on monday. I pick my drill back up from vermeer
(12,300 dollar repair quote, but they managed to fix my strike alert and
saved me 3000 bucks). Probably not a good business decision to put that
much into an old drill when the drill is worth less than the repair, but it
gets me in a drill.
I have a contract that's local for around 2 years work, fairly low rate per
foot compared to what's out there, but its local and all I can eat when I
want to eat it, so I can keep my fulltime job while I transition. I figure
spend this year and maybe next building experience with my son, then chase
the bigger dough.
The underground industry seems a whole lot like the wisp industry, where
theres a whole bunch of strangers willing to help strangers succeed with
good advice. Theres some assholes, but same here.
Once I get operational and have the toolset refined with some experience
I'll be heavily pimping to the wisp degenerates turning fisp, I think
theres a good number that a guy can operate at to be affordable to small
outfits and still get a little money in the wallet.
My kid operated a mini ex for the first time, the video games actually paid
off, he got the feather concept of the controls down, so he may leave me to
go do that after some experience, dont blame him a bit if he does,
equipment operators get the best cushions in the seats and the best
paychecks.
Just need to hand over the workmans comp certificate when I have the drill
back in hand and I start making the millions.
God is good, even if I'm not.