From: Chuck McCown via AF
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2022 9:10 PM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Cc: Chuck McCown
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ot: my adventure

Pot holing is a huge footage killer.  We are happy with 400’ drilled and pulled
back a day.

Sent from my iPhone

  On May 21, 2022, at 7:20 PM, Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com> wrote:

  One of the front clamp cylinders needed replaced. The slide housing for the
front clamp had to be replaced too, where the slide block sits was worn down to
almost nothing, there was a ton of play on the clamp and when the little steel
left failed I wouldnt be able to break the pipe, that's a pricey piece since
it's dead stock.
  They welded plates so the stress points on the frame wont break anymore,
looks like it had been welded and broke twice. I think there were a total of 3
placed needing welded.
  They put a new track on for me that was purchased in the buyout.
  The water relief is bad and will fail, but that's on backorder. They had to
bypass the guage cause of stripped threads and discontinued parts.
  The pump wasnt drawing from the tank so they had to do some work on that.
  There was a fuel leak they fixed.
  The drive chain was missing the tensioner clamp on the bottom and the rollers
were worn flat. There was some warp to the slide rail they fixed.
  A bunch of other heres and theres (I did pay 45 bucks for them to replace a
bulb cause at this point another 45 bucks was negligible.
  The sub saver shoulder was beveled back and the front was flared.
  The bill will be around 3k less since they ended up getting the strike alert
going. The one on 7x11 isnt made anymore so it would have been a retrofit.
  Most of the cost was parts. Labor really was surprisingly low for the amount
there was.
  Theres much I probably could have done, like the control hoses were flipped
so the back clamp control turned the left auger and it was all backward. But if
while moving the hoses a fitting breaks or seal is bad I'd spend 2 days
acquiring parts and fixing it. I've never worked on a track, and I dont weld.
The sub saver is field replace, but I never replaced one and I really need to
get drilling. I have almost 150k sunk into this whole venture already and every
day I'm trying to figure out how to fix  things is a day less I'm putting money
in the kitty for the days I'm trying to fix things.
  I will say I'm never, ever, ever, ever, not even once gonna buy a friend out
again without just having the attorney do all the prep work ahead. This was a
clusterfuck and I still dont have my reel trailer in hand.
  I'm told I can complete up to 750 feet a day. I want some of what they're
smoking. My numbers get really comfortable if we are getting 200 feet. I'm the
new guy on the contract, so I'm betting I'm not getting the prime dirt work, I
see a lot of driveways and intersections in my future. That leads to another
problem, not having an owned vac, but I'm out of money, so that's a bridge I'll
burn when I get to it. Before some unforeseen expenses I was planning on
getting an airvac and airspade, but its shovel time instead