At least the rocks won’t get bigger every year.

From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Craig Baird
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 10:56 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 900 MHz PtP

I was afraid that would be the case. I guess I'll probably have to pitch the
450i to them. Although honestly, I'm not really all that certain 900 MHz will
even cut it. This is for the city water company. They have a well up a canyon.
About 1/4 mile down the road, they have a cistern. They have Internet at the
cistern and want to get it connected to the well because they want to install
some security cameras and a DVR at the well. Problem is that there's a rock
outcropping between the two sites. Back in my WISP days, we did 900 MHz through
trees. But I never tried it through rock. It was finicky enough through trees,
so I'm not sure I even want to try going through a rock/hill. I figure there
might be some reflection off the canyon walls that might help, but for the cost
of a 450i (especially the AP), I'm not sure I want to gamble on it. That's why
I was hoping for a cheap solution. Maybe I'll try the eBay route and see what I
can find.

Craig

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 4:04 AM Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com