I was afraid that would be the case. I guess I'll probably have to pitch
the 450i to them. Although honestly, I'm not really all that certain 900
MHz will even cut it. This is for the city water company. They have a well
up a canyon. About 1/4 mile down the road, they have a cistern. They have
Internet at the cistern and want to get it connected to the well because
they want to install some security cameras and a DVR at the well. Problem
is that there's a rock outcropping between the two sites. Back in my WISP
days, we did 900 MHz through trees. But I never tried it through rock. It
was finicky enough through trees, so I'm not sure I even want to try going
through a rock/hill. I figure there might be some reflection off the canyon
walls that might help, but for the cost of a 450i (especially the AP), I'm
not sure I want to gamble on it. That's why I was hoping for a cheap
solution. Maybe I'll try the eBay route and see what I can find.

Craig