I talked to my nephew yesterday, and he told me it was a sting operation. His friend had 3 ounces, and the fed asked to "buy some". They sent him up for 10 years and he got out in 8. At the time he was 21 years old.

IMO, the whole drug classification system is broken, and is mostly a tail wagging the dog operation.