past the valve is not water company. It wasnt marked. The underground
utilities act is vague.
Im not concerned about liability, its our liability cause we did it. We
bumped a copper service line a few inches from a joint, it broke the solder
and the joint failed a couple months later when ground heave started. That
was a decision made at the beginning to not be one of those companies who
damage peoples stuff and dont make it right. The only reason I drove 100
miles to inspect was to assess where we went wrong for future corrections,
and to face time the resident who was out 2800 bucks and a water bill 3
weeks before christmas. I ended up filing the claim and will talk to the
adjuster, if its gonna cost more in the long run or its gonna tie up the
residents dough too long ill just pay it, Luckily the guy was not hosting
thanksgiving so he opted to wait til friday when it was just overtime rate
and not holiday rate otherwise it could have been a whole lot worse. I just
wish it had failed when it happened when it would have been a straight time
repair.

We did blast an unmarked water main in this same neighborhood, that wasnt
our liability, city fixed that, the crew was cool, best trash talkers i
ever met.