From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> on behalf of castarritt
<castarr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 9:08 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com <af@af.afmug.com>
Subject: EXTERNAL - [AFMUG] Odd routing issue

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe. Please report all suspicious emails to info...@anthembusinessgroup.com
as an attachment.

Had an odd issue last night.  All 'tik OSPF routed network with routers at each
tower site.  Simple single area OSPF setup, no MPLS or other overlay, about 700
internal routes.  Last night, some customers on APs connected to specific tower
routers lost connection to the internet.  Our monitoring system never lost
connection to any of the customer SMs or anything else in our network, so no
alarms were raised.  The issue lasted a few hours overnight and recovered on
its own without any of us getting to take a look at it.  It is like the
affected routers lost their dynamic default route.  The affected routers appear
to be randomly scattered around our network.  They aren't all connected along
the same backhaul paths, and in one case where we had two routers at a specific
site, only one of the routers was affected.  This happened at the tail end of a
heavy rain storm that was causing a lot of OSPF topology changes as microwave
links went in and out of service due to rain fade.

Anyone else seen something like this?  Is our routing table getting too big for
'tik to handle with a single OSPF area?