While CALEA is still on the books it doesn’t seem to be of much interest to LEA.

No - you do not have to be able to identify the user.  If LEA can identify a
specific end user for you out of the WiFi, then yes, they could ask for you to
monitor it but keep in mind that CALEA isn’t meant for historical data.   It’s
meant to be real-time capture once they have identified a particular person of
interest (well, a specific phone number, IP address, etc.).

Every year I get a phone call from the FBI verifying our contact information
and how to get hold of us if they need something.  I point out that we file our
CALEA documents and ask why they are calling - and they say ‘oh, we don’t use
that’.   Uh,  got it.   But the FCC still thinks it’s important and you best
follow the rules and file it anyway.  Local and State LEA has never heard of
CALEA.   It’s just one more bureaucracy on autopilot that has outlived it’s
usefulness.

Mark