Yeah the vent.  Something similar happened to our boxwood bushes when the hot
water heater vent was moved from the roof to a sidewall.  It would come on for
40 minutes or so in the morning when people were taking showers, but that’s all
it took.

It looks like a kitchen vent, but if they cook something most days, and they’re
blowing warm air out for an hour or so that would do it.

If they live on ramen noodles and Spaghetti O’s then I’d look for a different
culprit.  So I guess it depends if this a family home where they cook family
meals or some college boys’ flop house.  If it’s the second one, then maybe
that corner by the bush is where someone goes to puke up a gut full of
Milwaukee’s Best every other night.

Or the evil radio waves I guess.

-Adam