I feel that it's  time for college to go through a major revision.

First, I lean quite strongly toward the Mike Rowe worldview in that we need
to quit telling our kids that they need a college education to make it in
this world.  Right now if you're in one of the blue collar trades you're
far better off than a lot of the people who have ms or bs degrees.  There
will always be a demand for plumbers, electricians, mechanics, and so on.

On the college side, we need to adjust what we teach to provide for a
condensed program where you cut out most (but not all) of the non-relevant
programs.   Yes, it's hard to learn certain trades without college, but a
degree in computer science shouldn't need a lot of the liberal arts classes.

Finally, we need to reform the student loan program so that we quit
graduating students with degrees in underwater basketweaving with 6 figure
loan balances.  Right now, lenders are able to loan to anyone without risk
and as such there is no incentive for lenders or schools to ensure that the
students will be able to repay their loans from a typical job in the
student's chosen degree program.   This has led to ballooning tuition and
overall school costs since there is no pressure to keep costs low.