The built-in GPS in the 450 works reasonably well. Now that they have the option of internal GPS and freerun it's reasonably safe to let them run that way. We still have most of our units powered by CTM's but have increasingly gone to turning off sync-over-power. There is some risk of the unit losing GPS and going into freerun and then drifting off timing but I have not seen an issue with it to date.

Other tower top GPS solutions are available if you don't want to risk the internal GPS unit - Cambium uGPS, Packetflux, Last Mile Gear.

Mark