Yeah, the state regulations were a total clusterf!@k.

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>

On 10/09/2014 07:56 AM, Glen Waldrop via Af wrote:

"The best idea would have been simple and cheap.

1)Don’t let insurance companies keep people with existing conditions out.

2)Beef up review of bad doctors and get rid of them

3)Pass Tort reform and limit lawyers from suing for excessive malpractice amounts

4)Get rid of state regulations on health insurance and let insurers sell all over the country

Rory"

Well said.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Rory Conaway via Af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent:* Thursday, October 09, 2014 10:10 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] ObamaCare

    The big mistake of the public was that Obamacare was about
    bringing down health costs.  That was a complete lie. Obamacare
    was a wealth transfer from the rich to the poor.  Then it was
    burdened by the political correctness bug making everyone pay for
    every service everyone else needed such as pregnancy coverage for
    60 year old women. Throw in the corruption and inefficiency of any
    government program, and there was no way it was going to be
    cheaper.   What they thought was that they could squeeze doctors
    and hospitals even further on costs than Medicare and Medicaid
    already had.  What they ended up with is 50% of the hospitals not
    taking it and some of them going out of business, doctors leaving
    the profession in droves, and small  practices having to be bought
    up by bigger practices or simply go out of business.  The problem
    was that Obamacare never covered the malpractice costs and
    subsequent insurance costs which are really driving medical care
    costs up along with the uninsured and illegal alien population
    burdening the hospitals with uncollectible debt.

    The consequences of Obamacare have been far more devastating short
    term and long term than anyone ever thought of (Dodd—Frank and
    U.S. tax policy comes into play here also).  Small businesses
    stopped hiring and modified their workforces by letting go
    full-time employees and moving them to part-time.   This has
    resulted in 75% of all new jobs being part time instead of full
    time which means that those workers are now on Obamacare if
    anything.  These aren’t the people subsidizing everyone else.

    Businesses kept workforces at 50 employees, started hiring more
    contractors, or simply let people go to avoid being forced into
    buying health care.  Even worse, with the costs of health care
    going up, companies are dropping what health care they had and
    letting those employees move to Obamacare or cutting the health
    care insurance that they had back.

    And everyone keeps touting the “great” systems of health care in
    Canada and Europe.  Those systems are fine if you have the flu but
    if you need an MRI, it could take  months.  If you have cancer
    late in life, I suggest your will is ready.  It’s easier to get an
    MRI for your dog.  And when the money runs out in a fiscal year
    for a specific treatment, you wait until the next fiscal year for
    that treatment.  In Europe, they have lottery’s to see the dentist
    and if you don’t get picked, hopefully you get picked the next time.

    Everyone keeps saying that this was a Republican idea.  It was
    actually an idea by the Heritage Foundation and supported by many
    Republicans, even Newt Gingrich.  That doesn’t mean it was ever a
    good idea, it just means Republican politicians pander to their
    constituents to stay in office as much as Democratic politicians
    at the taxpayers’ expense.