From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Jason McKemie via Af
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:20 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] SM Isolation question

SaaS makes sense for some applications, but a lot of what I'm seeing it applied
to is just a money grab. Some things are just set up and go, I don't need
updates or support, so long as the software does what I bought it to do. A
great example of this is a point of sale system I'm installing. Nearly every
company wanted an upfront fee plus anywhere from $40-$60 / terminal / month. I
found software that allows multiple terminals for $1k (no monthly recurring).
This will pay for itself in probably 6 months.

On Thursday, October 16, 2014, Travis Johnson via Af