Yes, standby for utility outages from storms. We have never had gas shut down. Not even after the tornado last year. Not saying it's impossible. If it happened, I could run the most absolutely critical stuff off of a portable generator and propane tank.

On 10/26/2014 6:32 PM, Rex-List Account via Af wrote:
situation it may not be available. Just my two cents worth.

Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of George Skorup (Cyber
Broadcasting) via Af
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:17 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] Generator question

So I have a unique situation at our office. We're looking at a Generac QuietSource
22 or 30kW running on NG. I'm not dead set on that, but those are very nice and
quiet 1800RPM. And the problem is, our building is really old and is split in half
with two separate 240 services coming in. And I do have an old empty 1-1/4"
conduit between the two utility closets. The two services is actually nice because a
lot of times, one side will have power when the other doesn't. One comes from the
north, the other from the south.

There's no way we can rewire and combine everything into one service feed. I'm
trying to wrap my mind around how to do something like two auto-transfer
switches on one generator. I have critical stuff to run on both sides. Probably
need a qualified electrician or engineer, but I thought I'd ask here for
suggestions before we go down that road and pay someone to come up with
something that I most likely wouldn't like.