On 10/26/14, 14:17, George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) via Af wrote:
So I have a unique situation at our office. We're looking at a Generac
QuietSource 22 or 30kW running on NG. I'm not dead set on that, but
those are very nice and quiet 1800RPM. And the problem is, our building
is really old and is split in half with two separate 240 services coming
in. And I do have an old empty 1-1/4" conduit between the two utility
closets. The two services is actually nice because a lot of times, one
side will have power when the other doesn't. One comes from the north,
the other from the south.

There's no way we can rewire and combine everything into one service
feed. I'm trying to wrap my mind around how to do something like two
auto-transfer switches on one generator. I have critical stuff to run on
both sides. Probably need a qualified electrician or engineer, but I
thought I'd ask here for suggestions before we go down that road and pay
someone to come up with something that I most likely wouldn't like.

Feed a panelboard that subfeeds multiple transfer switches. Use switches that are two wire start signal and a generator that accepts a two wire start signal. Parallel the start connections. They'll switch independently. Pretty common and straightforward thing. I'm feeding three on a bus. If any one of the three want to go to emergency it will and the other two will do whatever they think is right, too. Don't do anything dumb like trying to come up with logic that depends on the others.

~Seth