Can you rob a bank, just to see what it feels like?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM, That One Guy via Af <[email protected]> wrote:

> anybody?
> testing is still not legal, right?
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM, That One Guy via Af <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Given my recent tyrade about obeying the regulations
>>
>> I know I could have changed what the antenna size is in the GUI and the
>> 5.2 band would have given me more output power to test this link. I knwo it
>> boils down to me being a dick about it, that I dont question. But when it
>> comes down to it, am I correct that we cant even "test" outside our power
>> restrictions? I know the FCC isnt driving around in vans looking for people
>> overpowering a radio for 20 minutes, its not about getting caught, its
>> about principle.
>> Are we allowed to do temporary things like that for testing purposes? I
>> assume that as a letter of law we would have to have prior approval from
>> the FCC, would we not?
>>
>>
>> (This boils down to CYA over the ass chewing im pretty sure is on the way
>> monday for not doing "whatever it takes" to get a critical link to full
>> capacity, which I did last year when I specced out and sourced a licensed
>> solution for the path)
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM, That One Guy via Af <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> my cambium guy said there wouldnt be an answer right now, so im packing
>>> this up and saying fuck all this noise, im goin drinkin
>>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Matt Jenkins via Af <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I would call support at this point. +1-888-863-5250
>>>>
>>>> Matthew Jenkins
>>>> SmarterBroadband
>>>> [email protected]
>>>> 530.272.4000
>>>>
>>>> On 10/24/2014 03:36 PM, That One Guy via Af wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> yes I did
>>>>>
>>>>> the spectrum is shit, I knew this going into it
>>>>> I unlocket the full throughput eval now
>>>>> its going above 5
>>>>> but by 5x5 I mean 5.00 x 5.00 with 2:1 1:1 1:2, on every channel, on
>>>>> every channel size not 4.96 x 5.01 flat out 5.00 x 5.00 I have never seen 
>>>>> a
>>>>> ptp stay at a single number like that
>>>>> While we were peaking it out it was running up where it was expected
>>>>> aggregate around 19 or something
>>>>> this didnt start until I switched bands
>>>>> I went to 5.4 it was where it was expected for a 10.3 mile link
>>>>> I went to 5.2 when I went here I switched to the biggest channel,
>>>>> thats when it started 5.00 x 5.00
>>>>> Switched back to 5.8 had to move the transmit power back to 27 from -4
>>>>> 5.00 x 5.00, no matter the channel size
>>>>>
>>>>> Im guessing this is a bug, what im wondering is if it corrupted the
>>>>> generic lite key or something like that when its in the trial it ignores
>>>>> the key
>>>>>
>>>>> anybody know what happens if theres no good key?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Matt Jenkins via Af <[email protected]
>>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>     Did you Disarm the Installation Agent?
>>>>>
>>>>>     Matthew Jenkins
>>>>>     SmarterBroadband
>>>>>     [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>>>>>     530.272.4000 <tel:530.272.4000>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>     On 10/24/2014 02:54 PM, That One Guy via Af wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>         I'm running out of daylight. Has anybody come across this
>>>>>         before? Was modulating higher. I switched to 5.4 then 5.2 then
>>>>>         back to 5.8 now it won't go above 5x5 on any channel size
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
>>>>> the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
>>>>> can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do 
>>>>> not
>>>>> use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
>>> parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
>>> can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not
>>> use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
>> parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
>> can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not
>> use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
> parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you
> can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not
> use a hammer. -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925
>

Reply via email to