Very cool concept Jeremy with the portable POE/Router and Tablet.  I tend to
agree it seems like extra work in the office to have the paperwork signed
first.  Also, one main reason for us is part of our paperwork relates to them
signing that they now take responsibility for the install, IE: they approve how
our technician installed it and are not going to call me in a couple weeks and
say, ‘I never said your tech could drill a hole into my house and now you’re
paying for me to fix it.’  Our techs take pictures of their completed work, we
upload those to the account profile on our in house software, and then have
them for reference.  Also the price can change if they decide they want a
router or some other piece of equipment, so when they sign they sign off on the
install, the price, the equipment, and the terms of service.  I would like to
however go paperless with tablets and direct pay via CC, which is what I plan
to work towards now.  For cash and checks our employees are pretty responsible.
 However, we have a procedure that the employee writes the amount of money and
form of payment on the paperwork that the customer keeps as their receipt, then
when that employee gets to the office the book keeping staff verifies the
amount wrote on the paperwork is turned in.  It’s been a pretty simple process
that is very efficient.  If the customer wants to say they gave our employee
money, then it will be on the paperwork they signed, and if it is, then the
employee is responsible for losing that money and faces disciplinary action.
That rarely to never happens, so I feel like it’s a good system.

Thank you,
Ben Royer, Operations Supervisor
Royell Communications, Inc.
217-965-3699 www.royell.net