From: Tushar Patel via Af
Date: 10/29/2014 7:00 PM
To: af@afmug.com;
Subject:Re: [AFMUG] Field Paperwork

What about linking lack of paperwork to performance review and raises?

Tushar

On Oct 29, 2014, at 6:09 PM, "Hass, Douglas A. via Af"
<af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:

Remember, not turning in paperwork is a disciplinary issue, not a compensation
issue. No matter if your employee does a good job, a bad job, turns in all of
his paperwork, or turns in absolutely no paperwork, you still MUST pay him for
all hours he works. You can discipline him, but even having a "no paperwork, no
pay" policy on the books is going to be unlawful and can be grounds for a very
costly to defend wage and hour lawsuit. Even if you have never actually
enforced this, good luck proving that if your policy and your public
pronouncements suggest otherwise!

I am happy to talk with any of you off list about alternatives to messing with
paychecks that can legally incentivize employees to do their jobs.