SoftIRQ % is a pretty good indicator of how busy the radio is. You can see that in "top" on the radio.

Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>

On 10/30/2014 11:09 AM, Mike Hammett via Af wrote:
CPU is largely unrelated to what the radio is doing.

http://www.ics-il.com

<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>

*From: *"Bill Prince via Af" <af@afmug.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:05:45 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Feature Request of all radio manufacturers: Radio utilization or duty cycle meters

You can get a CPU load metric from UBNT radios (example below).

bp
On 10/30/2014 11:22 AM, Mike Hammett via Af wrote:

    I want to see utilization or duty cycle meters. Tell me how busy
    the AP is so I know how much more can fit... and break down into
    different categories why it's busy. TX, Rx, retransmit, overhead,
    MCS 15, MCS 0, which stations are using what percent, etc.

    I'd say that knowing how busy the radio is is more important than
    knowing how many bits are flowing through it.