I expect lethal voltages on coax.

5000 watts 50 ohms = 500 volts @ 10 amps.

Even a 288 watt transmitter has 120 VAC of RF on it.
And 120 VAC of RF hurts much more than 60 cycles.

From: Mark Radabaugh via Af
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 12:10 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] New site DC power help

Please mark the hell out of the cable if you decide to put 120VAC on it.
Technically it will work just fine.    It's just pretty hazardous to the guy
who comes along later, has no idea what it is and grabs hold of the center
conductor, or tries to cut the line.

Nobody is really expecting lethal voltages on coax.   They probably should be,
and RF can be deadly, but it's out of the ordinary on LMR type cables.

It's also really ugly if one of your own guys gets confused and connects the
LMR with 120VAC on it to your shiny new Remec radio head.

Mark