Yes, most likely a dead radio... assuming it's decent cable, that is.
________________________________
From: Af [af-boun...@afmug.com] on behalf of Josh Luthman via Af [af@afmug.com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 2:11 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] wind speed cut off for climbing

If it's Ubnt it's probably a dead radio.  Probably 1/100000 chance the cable
shorted.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Mathew Howard via Af
<af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>> wrote:
Yep, could either be a dead AP or a shorted cable... I don't think there's any
way to tell from the ground.

It is a lot harder to make that decision when someone else is doing the
climbing... I wouldn't ask anyone to go up in weather I wouldn't climb in
myself, but then again, I've also climbed in weather I wouldn't tell someone
else to go up in. I don't think there really is a good rule of thumb, a lot
depends on what the climber is comfortable with, and experience.