It's been a while since I looked at the uGPS and how it was powered, but
yes, that's the general gist.   I can't confirm the exact voltage or how
the power appeared on the pins since it has been so long since I looked.

I also can't remember the exact reason why I chose not to go down the path
of building a syncpipe which could be powered off of a uGPS port, other
than I have a vague recollection of the power supply circuitry being the
reason - probably because the 5v is significantly lower than the 8-9V that
a syncpipe will power on at.

Due to the PTP450 issue I am looking at some additional sync over timing
port options.   Gigabit throws a wrench into a lot of the parasitically
powered options, though.