From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Seth Mattinen via Af
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:08 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] security system with still camera capture

On 12/10/14, 10:29 PM, Rory Conaway via Af wrote:
> I’m looking for a security system that has two types of cameras, one
> motion camera and one still camera.  It has to be outdoor, meaning up
> 130 degrees, and can shoot multi-megapixel pictures every 15 seconds
> or so.  I need the server to not only record both, but use a FIFO
> archiving system that supports a couple weeks.  Has anyone seen an
> integrated system like this or am I setting up 2 systems?

Not really a "system" but Axis cameras do this internally. I have mine set to
capture a series of stills on motion along with recording video in parallel.
The stills are easy to scan through then you can go back and look at the video
if needed.

I haven't specifically tried it, but it does have a "frames per minute"
option for still captures. I would expect if you set it to 12 on a continuously
active rule that it would output a JPEG every 5 seconds.

~Seth