~$50: http://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-756-8308-Motherboard-RASPBRRYPCBA512/dp/B009SQQF9C
GPIO ports are easy to program against.

ryan

On 12/15/14 8:34 AM, Chuck McCown via Af wrote:
Yeah, too big. Physically. Looking for a single port device, hopefully the same size as a jump drive.
*From:* Ken Hohhof via Af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Sent:* Monday, December 15, 2014 9:32 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] cheap and dirty telemetry
http://store.packetflux.com/sitemonitor-6-channel-switch-closure-input/
*From:* Chuck McCown via Af <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Sent:* Monday, December 15, 2014 10:20 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* [AFMUG] cheap and dirty telemetry
Lots of folks have connected a relay to an ethernet port to loop it back. When the relay is open, the connection goes away. I am looking for a way to do some centralized polling of ports like that. I don’t want to have to build some kind of small ardueno board and burn an IP for each one. But I can’t think of a way around using an IP unless the device, such as a managed switch can do an snmp trap for each port. Maybe it will become a product if it doesn’t exist. Telemetry on a stick. Two terminals for a contact closure. POE powering. Pollable and trap sending. Hopefully something like this already exists?

--
D. Ryan Spott | Iron Goat Networks, llc
broadband | telco | colo | community