Micropack made me cry when I saw what it cost.

Have you looked at Eltek and Emerson? Although Eltek seems to be oriented around –24 or –48, and not so good for +24. Not familiar with Emerson, Mark Radabaugh has posted they use them. I have an Eltek Micropack –48V system and the web and SNMP capability is excellent. I did have one rectifier module fail, but it was pretty painless given they are N+1 redundant.
*From:* Gino Villarini <mailto:g...@aeronetpr.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:15 PM
*To:* mailto:af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 24V UPS
The problem with xl units it's the charger ... It has low amperage (5-8 amps dep model) and don't maintain well big banks The idea is to have the xl with internal batt and have a big bank connected to the external batt connector This bank will be isolated from the apc during AC operation. The bank will have a good charger and will run 24 dc loads(still under consideration)
AC fails, the apc ups will see the big bank for extended runtimes

Gino A. Villarini
@gvillarini