outages... 3-4 days sometimes

Gino A. Villarini
@gvillarini

On Jan 6, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Ken Hohhof
<af...@kwisp.com<mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

Have you looked at Eltek and Emerson?  Although Eltek seems to be oriented
around –24 or –48, and not so good for +24.  Not familiar with Emerson, Mark
Radabaugh has posted they use them.

I have an Eltek Micropack –48V system and the web and SNMP capability is
excellent.  I did have one rectifier module fail, but it was pretty painless
given they are N+1 redundant.

From: Gino Villarini<mailto:g...@aeronetpr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:15 PM
To: mailto:af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 24V UPS

The problem with xl units it's the charger ... It has low amperage (5-8 amps
dep model) and don't maintain well big banks

The idea is to have the xl with internal batt and have a big bank connected to
the external batt connector

This bank will be isolated from the apc during AC operation.  The bank will
have a good charger and will run 24 dc loads(still under consideration)

AC fails, the apc ups will see the big bank for extended runtimes

Gino A. Villarini
@gvillarini

On Jan 6, 2015, at 2:51 PM, Josh Baird