From: Zephyr Broadband
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 10:56 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Laying your own fiber?

So we've started looking at trenching our own fiber but we've run into a couple
roadblocks and I thought I'd reach out to the list and see if others have run
into similar issues. Obviously this is location and jurisdiction dependent, but
we can't seem to get anyone from City Hall to return our calls or offer any
hints as to where to look.

How did you get permission to use utility right of ways and easements? Did you
file for CLEC certification? Did you look at a CATV franchise agreement with
your city? Did you approach each landowner and negotiate your own easement?

Also, do any of you offer triple play services? We haven't had a lot of luck
looking into distribution agreements for TV services either.

Any info or resources would be appreciated!