Maybe this is a dumb question:

Is fiber optic cable more brittle in the cold? I was attempting to do a mechanical splice in an interconnect box on a cable between a heated building and an unheated barn. In the heated building I didn't have much problem. In the cold barn (single digits Fahrenheit) I kept snapping the glass when stripping it and broke it off inside the mechanical splice more than once. I also noticed the 250um acrylic coating seemed to stick to the 900um tight buffer, so when I stripped the tight buffer the acrylic would come with it....I never saw that before. Is this just because it's cold? It was also dark and I was working in space where I'm wedged between a Brush Hog and the wall. I also might just suck at it.