http://www.bbpmag.com/2011mags/marchapril11/BBP_MarApr_CostOfFiber.pdf

The numbers in the above report seem to work out fairly well based on the construction estimates I have received.

Mark

On 2/10/15 11:38 AM, That One Guy wrote:
So what is the minimum number of houses within a particular geographic area that would make it cost effective to do a fiber solution? rough numbers. We have a particular housing set out in the country we have battled to service forever, there are only about 10 houses, most of which have tried to get our service. it consists primarily of a single 3/4 mile road buried deep in trees. Half of them arent able to even get satellite reliably without cutting trees or butting up 50 foot towers. We have LOS to one of the residences at the end of the little subdivision, we have considered various wireless options but the trees and locations of the houses would limit it to a 900mhz solution, for ten customers and a micropop contract the risks of 900mhz problems were never really justifiable.

Would you guys see that small of a project over 3/4 mile of road justifiable if the average take plan was 39 bucks a month requiring a single hop backhaul and residential micropop contract?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Sterling Jacobson <sterl...@avative.net <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>> wrote:

    That’s just a pessimistic number I plugged in there.

    We are self-funding first, then we are bank funding with
    collateral, then we are debt funded from angel/private investors.

    Last thing we would do is equity funding, but it would have to be
    in the millions for that.

    I don’t touch VC funding. My company isn’t structured that way
    right now.

    *From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>] *On Behalf Of *Kurt Fankhauser
    *Sent:* Monday, February 09, 2015 8:23 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Fiber Buildout Forum

    Sterling,

    Are you paying 12% interest to investors on a 5 year note for
    these builds? Where are you finding these investors to fund the
    neighborhood builds?

    Kurt Fankhauser

    Wavelinc Communications

    P.O. Box 126

    Bucyrus, OH 44820

    http://www.wavelinc.com <http://www.wavelinc.com/>

    tel. 419-562-6405 <tel:419-562-6405>

    fax. 419-617-0110 <tel:419-617-0110>

    On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Sterling Jacobson