I’ve got at least 15 of the TS-8 and TS-8 swtiches out in the field.  We have 
RMA’d a couple of the early TS-5’s but lately, not many problems.  However, if 
you want to talk about AirRouters, then we have a discussion.  Besides the 10 I 
threw away last week, I just got in 2 AirRouter-HP’s.  Both of them leaked the 
WAN IP to the inside IP among other weird things.  Finally got them fixed with 
hardware resets and 2 firmware upgrades.  Not sure what actually fixed the 
problem but they eventually came up.  Since I wasn’t confident with them 
working at that point, I went to plan B.  That and the fact that 5 years after 
asking to get WDS with WPA-2 working, the relay idea still stinks.

With some of the larger houses, this one being at 5000 square feet, finally 
figured out what we are having to do with multiple indoor APs.  I’m not a fan 
of the UniFi in that situation since I need the range/penetration and the 
wireless relay.  We are using RB750’s as the gateway/VPN tunnel to our 
AirControl server and then putting the AirRouter-HPs in bridge mode.   We need 
a better solution.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Netonix switch


Me?  Mine just die after a few months sitting idle in the office.  Preceded by 
weird switching bugs solved by a reboot.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Feb 15, 2015 12:42 PM, "Rory Conaway" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
What problems have you had with stability?

Rory

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>] On Behalf 
Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2015 10:33 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Netonix switch


It'll be more stable that's for sure.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340<tel:937-552-2340>
Direct: 937-552-2343<tel:937-552-2343>
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Feb 15, 2015 12:23 PM, "Bill Prince" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
ouch.


bp

<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>


On 2/15/2015 5:19 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
A turd in a punch bowl is better than a ToughSwitch.


-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

[http://www.ics-il.com/images/fbicon.png]<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/googleicon.png]<https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/linkedinicon.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions>[http://www.ics-il.com/images/twittericon.png]<https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
________________________________
From: "Craig House" <[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]>
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:41:05 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Netonix switch

Who is using them? Better than UBNT Toughswitch?  Are the ports all both 24 or 
48v like the tough switch and can they be turned on / off for POE or are they 
on POE all the time?

thanks
Craig


Reply via email to