Craig, That is exactly what I am doing, I put two ports on a VLAN and essentially turn it into a midspan POE injector for those two ports or any other backhaul I want to go into a router. The nice thing is for all the tower AP's or anything else you want to be on the same subnet you can span a separate VLAN for all those ports. Saves a LOT of space by having everything to be able to be contained to one 19'' rackmount switch and then possibly another 19'' rackmount for a MT Router. I am planning on ripping and replacing everything at all my sites with these Netonix switches. They are amazing and if your considering buying one I recommend you buy several!
Kurt Fankhauser Wavelinc Communications P.O. Box 126 Bucyrus, OH 44820 http://www.wavelinc.com tel. 419-562-6405 fax. 419-617-0110 On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Craig House <[email protected]> wrote: > Can you manage traffic across the air fiber backhaul port and brought it > to another switch port so that you may plug it directly into a router as > opposed to the network being bridged? > > Sent from my iPhone > > > On Feb 15, 2015, at 13:12, Keefe John <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > They are awesome. We are replacing all of our cisco and ubnt > toughswitches with netonix switches. The fact that they can power > airfibers and some microwave radios is great too. They also have way more > port statistics that a toughswitch so you can better troubleshoot issues. > > > >> On 2/14/2015 9:41 PM, Craig House wrote: > >> Who is using them? Better than UBNT Toughswitch? Are the ports all > both 24 or 48v like the tough switch and can they be turned on / off for > POE or are they on POE all the time? > >> > >> thanks > >> Craig > > >
