I did one the other day on an old style POE. I managed to cut the wires without blowing it up, but the crimp did it in.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 2/19/2015 11:11 AM, Mathew Howard wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen plastic crimpers, but I don't know that I'd trust them to do a decent crimp...

It doesn't seem to hurt most power supplies, but I always try to be quick about it when I do it... it all depends on the situation though, in some cases it isn't worth the risk even if it is small.