Almost everybody who has an SDR sells you on the notion that it can be upgraded later. Almost nobody ever actually does anything more than bug fixes, or minor tweaks.

I think the only way Telrad might be odd with their SDR is that they actually made different firmware to convert the unit from WiMax to a completely different physical layer.

The only other big SDR change I can think of in the WISP marketplace was Moto's transition from software scheduling to hardware scheduling. Maybe some of you old men remember another incident to refute this statement, but I think I'd say that having the ability to define the radio in software doesn't mean they'll actually do it.

SimpleTest Stefan: can they upgrade their WiMAX base stations to LTE? The answer is No. Case closed.

/Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/
On Mar 4, 2015 1:30 PM, Stefan Englhardt <s...@genias.net> wrote:

>PW is not SDR based

So call their Distributors and tell them to change their announcements.
Just google Purwave and SDR and you find some.