Correct. That was an important achievement that deserves recognition.

Patrick Leary
M 727.501.3735
[cid:image001.png@01D0568B.54286240]<http://mkt2.us/TelrdNet>

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Bill Prince
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 2:45 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] New feedback (Patrick Leary)

Cambium did a firmware update to add 256QAM. That is nothing to sneeze at.

bp

<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/4/2015 11:39 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
Almost everybody who has an SDR sells you on the notion that it can be upgraded
later. Almost nobody ever actually does anything more than bug fixes, or minor
tweaks.

I think the only way Telrad might be odd with their SDR is that they actually
made different firmware to convert the unit from WiMax to a completely
different physical layer.

The only other big SDR change I can think of in the WISP marketplace was Moto's
transition from software scheduling to hardware scheduling. Maybe some of you
old men remember another incident to refute this statement, but I think I'd say
that having the ability to define the radio in software doesn't mean they'll
actually do it.

SimpleTest Stefan: can they upgrade their WiMAX base stations to LTE? The
answer is No. Case closed.

On Mar 4, 2015 1:30 PM, Stefan Englhardt
<s...@genias.net><mailto:s...@genias.net> wrote:

>PW is not SDR based

So call their Distributors and tell them to change their announcements.
Just google Purwave and SDR and you find some.

viruses.

viruses.