Does anyone have part numbers for the bands/tool I can reference?

ryan

On 4/27/15 7:12 AM, That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:
I love these bands, we did a city job on light poles over a highway and needed to put the surge suppressors somewhare, we ended up getting a srteet sign blank and banded it to the pole (this is what holds the signs to poles), mounted all the SS to the blank, it looked like a pretty butterfly

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net <mailto:af...@ics-il.net>> wrote:

AT$T has visited the site we share a lot more often than I have. ;-) Well, once I exclude fixing stuff they've messed up.

    http://www.ics-il.com

    *From: *"Daniel White" <afmu...@gmail.com <mailto:afmu...@gmail.com>>
    *To: *af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Sent: *Sunday, April 26, 2015 4:48:06 PM

    *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Stainless steel wire ties

    Sure it will.  Even the highest quality stuff.

    Had a site back in my WISP days that had LMR-400 running to a
    licensed radio head going 50ft up a tower attached every 5ft using
    3m tape along the tower leg.  A good snow storm with 100MPH winds
    came along and ripped the cable off the tower one day… I think 6
    months after installation (so you can’t blame UV exposure).

    Went back and used hose clamps (after a helicopter ride later and
    two weeks of an area of our network limping along on a backup
    backhaul path) and never had issues again.  Learned that lesson
    once after losing a lot of customers and feeling a lot of
    frustration (the site was on a 14,000 ft mountain and wind/snow
    conditions made it inaccessible during the winter basically… so it
    took two weeks for a narrow window to get up there).

    Will electrical tape or zip ties fail in most WISP applications
    for the life of the cable or installation of the equipment,
    probably not (heck I used zip ties on the cable for the SAF
    Integra radio on the roof of our office).  But SCADA (and even the
    carriers) operate in a “do it right the first time by a well-worn
    and time tested book and never visit the site again”.  It is a
    CAPEX/OPEX question really… and customers like Jaime is working
    with here can’t afford to take the hit on OPEX since it way
    outpaces the cost of the upfront CAPEX to overbuild the site. That
    site might take hours to get to, and the downtime cost could be in
    the hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Why risk it on electrical
    tape vs. band-it (cost difference is maybe an additional hour of
    Jaime’s time and $20 in supplies?).

    The greatest gift being on the manufacturing side has given me is
    the opportunity to see hundreds of networks and thousands of
    different ways of doing things.  Some are wrong, many are
    different shades of right. Some amaze me at the gratuitous
    overkill (here is looking at you Ricochet).  As Lewis said in
    another thread recently, there is a point where spending more on
    the grounding system than the equipment it is protecting doesn’t
    make sense for an incremental improvement.

    Food for thought :-D

    Daniel White - Managing Director

    SAF North America LLC

    Cell: +1 (303) 746-3590 <tel:%2B1%20%28303%29%20746-3590>

    daniel.wh...@saftehnika.com <mailto:daniel.wh...@saftehnika.com>

    Skype: danieldwhite
    Social: LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielwhite84>

    __