Hi Craig, I would suggest that you use the link planner software located in support section of Cambium site. It will give you the best info you can in regards to your link. You can also play what if....
We don't do much with 2.4ghz (too much noise), mostly 5ghz, for a 15 mile link in 5ghz, we would use 3ft dishes for best performance, 2ft dish would work too. ... not sure what size of dish you were planning to use with your 2.4. Regards. Faisal Imtiaz Snappy Internet & Telecom 7266 SW 48 Street Miami, FL 33155 Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232 Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected] ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Craig House" <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 7:57:14 PM > Subject: [AFMUG] 15 mile EPMP link 2.4 > > Anyone have an idea what kind of reliability/ signal I might see from a 15 > mile EPMP 2.4 link Dished at 150' on a tower to a 90 degree sector at 255' > on the other end? I have limited experience with the EPMP stuff but so far > it is performing well. We even had a 7 mile shot without a dish for a short > time that was -72 but we went ahead and dished it. I am installing this > link tomorrow and it is a long drive to the site. I just dont want to have > it be a problem after I drive 2 1/2 hours back. > > It is very remote on the dished end but somewhat in a town on the AP end. > I've done FSK for years but the EPMP is pretty new to us. > > Craig > >
