We have 2 of the towers that we have not installed anyone on yet and several 
sectors that have no one on them yet.  the ones that do point toward heavily 
populated areas.  I just dont want to undo installations of 16 2.4 EPMP access 
points to install something else if there is a way to make it work.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Waldrop" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2015 7:28:44 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP 10 mhz vs 20mhz

That sounds like the tower is receiving noise that the clients can't hear.



-----Original Message----- 
From: Craig House
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2015 7:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AFMUG] EPMP 10 mhz vs 20mhz


We have deployed 6 towers to begin our new EPMP network and 4 of those 
towers have a full cluster of 2.4 90 degree EPMP sectors.  They are 
configured with ACS turned off now because in several cases they all ended 
up on the same or very close to the same channel.  I have Front back 
designations and non overlapping channels set up on all towers.  I have 
tried 40 mhz 20 mhz and now 10mhz channels and while the customer stability 
has gotten better the more I play with settings I have kind of hit a point I 
dont know what else to try.  I have some that the uplink quality will vary 
wildly from 100% to 0%.  Most have gotten better since I went to a 10mhz 
channel.  Most of the customers get 12MB -30mb down in the wireless link 
test but the uplinks are as bad as .17.   What is the cause of this poor 
uplink quality?  Is it interfernece?  My one 5ghz AP does not have this 
problem but even with noise many of these customers have -50 signals and 
oddly enough the ones with the great signals seem to be the ones that have 
the poorest link tests on the up link side.  I also have customes with -65 
or -72 signals that get 5MB up on the same sectors?  Im scratching my head a 
bit on what the fix is for this?  Should I leave ACS on and change 
everything to 10mhz channels?  Will a full cluster with ACS on work all on 
the same channel?
I'm used to FSK where you pick your channel and any channels that are 
adjacent will cause problems with connected SM's.  So am I just applying old 
knowledge to a technology that it doesn't apply to?

Craig 

Reply via email to