I've never seeing much difference in performance on the ubnt M series
between 30mhz and 40mhz channels, so yes, I would say that is true... but
I'm not sure how much applies to ePMP - they do have a much a faster
processor and on a software level they are very different.

So far, I have been running all of our ePMP APs on 20mhz channels and PTP
links on 40mhz or 20mhz, depending on how much capacity they need. I
haven't really seen much need to go down to 10mhz channels with ePMP.