I use Vitelity in house and have never had a problem.  They are very well
respected in the industry.

I'd recommend having them talk to vitelity about the issue.  My guess is
that something is simply misconfigured instead of vitelity being
unreliable.  For instance, the customer could have too few trunks purchased
and when they are full they errantly return a circuit disconnected instead
of the all circuits are busy response code.