We have GTT bandwidth. They are reliable, responsive and have a fairly large global reach with their acquisitions. I have nothing bad to say about them.

We also have AT&T MIS bandwidth. It is very reliable. And very expensive. The field and technical folks know their stuff. The corporate/management people are arrogant assholes. Typical AT&T.

On 6/24/2015 1:36 PM, Paul Stewart wrote:

Yeah that pricing for Cogent is likely “promo” pricing to get you locked in – that’s if you like Cogent at all.

Back to the quality vs price discussion – that’s the point where I remove HE and Cogent from the discussion … yes, have both of them in our mix and neither are great in my opinion. If I had to choose between the two of them (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) then HE I find better now than Cogent – a few years ago it was the other way around.

GTT I like – lately, I’ve heard some rumblings from long term customers but haven’t seen anything.

Level(3) I like a lot – their customer service/NOC is horrible but the network itself is solid.

TATA – really dislike

The list goes on and on … currently we have TATA, LLNW (disconnecting soon), GTT/TiNet, Level(3), HE, and Cogent. This does not include peering though where there is significant growth for us…

Paul

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Jon Auer
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:19 PM
*To:* Animal Farm
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Data center bandwidth

Cogent's intro rate for 1G is $700, so I'd hold out for that even if you're going to use a radio that only moves 100Mbps.

If the cost is the same, why not get more bandwidth so it's one less thing to worry about when you need it?

Also, once you become a Cogent customer they are very reluctant to let you have the 1G/$700 price.