We just set up Windows Server 2012 a few months ago. I think I'll wait until they get the first service pack out.
Rory -----Original Message----- From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of George Skorup Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 3:00 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] "Get Windows 10" icon We've had a couple of the office PCs running the W10 tech preview. Other than some minor bugs it has been fine. Make sense for MS to push this out. Support one OS and get rid of the rest. Hey, at least they're not like, yeah, you're gonna have to cough up another $150. I wonder if Server 2012R2 will get a free upgrade to Server 10. I also ran the tech preview of Server 10 for a couple weeks and it didn't seem to have that much benefit over 2012R2, so I just bought a copy of that to upgrade an old server. On 6/1/2015 1:53 PM, Bill Prince wrote: > Showed up here a little bit ago. I'm disinclined to get a reservation, > as I would like to hear all the grousing before I take the plunge... > > bp > <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> > > On 6/1/2015 8:30 AM, George Skorup wrote: >> Getting it here on all of my W7 machines. I did the reservation >> thing. The stupid icon won't go away though. I seriously have to look >> at that thing for the next two months!? >> >> On 6/1/2015 10:13 AM, Bill Prince wrote: >>> Not here (yet?). Maybe Illinois is served before California. >>> >>> bp >>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> >>> >>> On 5/31/2015 10:08 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote: >>>> Has anyone else seen a "Get Windows 10" icon mysteriously appear in >>>> your Windows 7 System Tray? >>>> >>>> If I click, it says Reserve your FREE upgrade now, it will download >>>> once available. >>>> >>>> Apparently once it downloads, you get to choose when to install it. >>>> That's nice, I'm imagining opening up my laptop to do a >>>> presentation and finding it in the midst of upgrading from Windows >>>> 7 to 10, which would be quite a change. >>>> >>> >> >
