From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2015 8:06 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Anyone heard of GTT

This also has been discussed...

http://drpeering.net/AskDrPeering/blog/articles/Ask_DrPeering/Entries/2013/5/24_The_Battle_Continues__Peering_vs._Transit.html

BTW, the original article was done a few years ago, and last updated 2010 (as
per article itself).

We in the US often forget that the article was written from a Global
Perspective, and the cost structure is much different else where. Additionally,
lots of folks also may have LH transport costs.

Now if you are wondering 'why would someone spend that kind of money just for a
public peering connection ?' then go and take a look at the membership list for
the European Exchanges  AMS-IX, DE-CIX etc.... the sheer number of participants
makes the largest of the US Peering Exchanges pale.....

Needless to say, if you scan thru the list of participants, one can easily see
that the WORLD peers at the European Exchanges.....

To truly appreciate this, one need to have a global perspective.

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street