Why? I have no doubt he can make a 450i SyncInjector out of his gigabit version. Granted, it's a change to 48/56VDC and port pinout, but he already did that with the 320/430 SyncInjector anyway, although that wasn't gigabit. The other thing he's talked about, a managed device that puts out power and a sync pulse to feed the input of your GigE-POE-APC cards would be a pretty badass combo.

On 7/15/2015 6:20 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I feel sorry for Forrest....
*From:* Matt Mangriotis <mailto:matt.mangrio...@cambiumnetworks.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:21 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 450d vs. 450i

Maybe I am being less than clear, so apologies for that.

There are two RJ-45 ports on this product:

1 port is Data/Power (i.e. the main port)

1 port is AUX, which has (or will have) many functions, among them is input/output of the sync pulse (i.e. UGPS)

In summary, the radio supports “sync over power” via the CMM4 (using a custom cable pinout) and 56 VDC. It also supports “sync over timing port” via the UGPS (or other devices that perform similar functions) using the AUX port (and custom cable).

Does this make sense?

Matt