Yes, there is a chance!

We are developing the implementation of IEEE 1588v2 in this system, but I don’t
have a date, nor a complete understanding of how it will be implemented.

Matt

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Jon Auer
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:33 PM
To: Animal Farm <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 450d vs. 450i

Since you're doing 802.3at, any chance of adding IEEE 1588 support for
standardized timing over ethernet?
There are a number of switch/router platforms designed for small cell
environments that do both and we could greatly simplify our tower builds if we
could use them.

E.g. slap a Juniper ACX500-O-PoE on a pole, cable in the backhaul and AP, and
you're done. No more cabinet, no more poe/sync injector, stand-alone switch,
etc.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Matt Mangriotis
<matt.mangrio...@cambiumnetworks.com<mailto:matt.mangrio...@cambiumnetworks.com>>
 wrote:
Good questions.

Both CMM4 and UGPS are supported with 450i.  True, the 6-pin port became a
RJ-45 port, so the pinout is different.

For connecting the CMM4, because the 450i is now powered by 802.3at PoE, you’ll
need the 56 VDC power supply and the cable from the CMM4 to the PMP 450i AP has
a different pinout.

These cable pinouts will be documented in the user guides.

PMP 450d is a SM only, so sync is taken from the AP.

Matt